Dear Parent and AP Student:
Taking the Advanced Placement (AP) exams is an important part of all AP courses. VHS encourages all students to take AP exams for the courses they have taken. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn students college credit for the high school class, saving a significant amount on college tuition.
For the 2019 AP exams, students register ONLINE. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access. Vista High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning registration.
Registration for the AP Exams will begin on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 12:01 AM and end on Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 11:59 PM. In order to register, students should visit www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/053675 to register.
Fee Waiver Cost: $10/exam
To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end. We know that parents may desire to register their student(s) for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered. If you decide to pay by check, instead of credit or debit card, the payment MUST be received by Total Registration by February 27, 2019.
Students who registered for IB Exams using Total Registration in the fall only need to log in to their account via the link www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/053675 and select the AP exams they will be taking in the spring.
With rising exam fees, it is understandable that some families may have difficulty in paying for exams. Your family may be eligible for a fee waiver. A fee waiver allows a student to pay only $10.00 for each exam. The state has guidelines to determine if a family will qualify. Please review the income guidelines (los requisitos de ingresos) to determine if your household income meets the state guidelines for eligibility.
There is a MULTI-STEP process for registering with a fee waiver. (If a fee waiver was approved for the 2018-19 IB exams, NO NEW WAIVER is needed).
First, register for the intended exams on Total Registration and indicate “qualified for Federal free/reduced lunch program.”
Second, complete the waiver process described below.
In order for VHS to process your fee waiver, please provide the following:
- A signed Student Eligibility Verification form (formulario de elegibilidad del estudiante) AND
- A copy of your most recent tax return
- a declaration letter (declaración de elegibilidad de ingresos) stating that your household income does not exceed 185 percent of the federal poverty guidelines
- proof of participation in the Free/Reduced Price Meal Program. (Students can use the Student Eligibility Verification form found on this site or pick up a waiver form in counseling/College & Career Center. Students then take either document to the Cafeteria/lunch lines to obtain signature. If students have the Student Eligibility Verification form signed in the Cafeteria, they only need the one form).
Please have your student bring these two items to the Honors Coordinator (B11) or Assistant Principal Mrs. Taugher in the Main Office before paying for their exams.
Again, the online registration indicating a fee waiver needs to be completed in order for a waiver to be approved. Once the Honors Coordinator approves the waiver, Total Registration will send an email notifying you to complete registration and apply payment.
Finally, Total Registration will send an email when the fee waiver is approved and indicate the total amount due at that time. Once payment has been submitted, a confirmation will be provided and the process is complete.
*If you have been approved for testing accommodations through collegeboard, you will also need to provide your SSD number.*
- Please adhere to the deadline of February 24th, 2019. VHS is obligated to meet AP deadlines, and so we cannot extend the deadline.
- Please understand refunds are not provided if students register in error or change their minds about exams. AP charges Vista High School a fee for late exams ordered after the deadline. Although it may be possible to make changes to your registration, it may cost you additional funds.
- Students who do not show to take exams, may be subject to additional fees.
- AP Test dates and further information are available on the VHS Honors website.
- Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. I am happy to help in any way I can.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 12:00 AM – Registration Begins
Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 11:59 PM, Registration Ends
Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM, Registrations that have not been paid for will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
Please contact Ms. Candice Kordis, if you have any questions.