Process & Information
Beginning August 2, 2017, students who wish to make any change requests will only be considered for review if it falls into one of the following categories:
- Inappropriate placement (data entry error, didn’t meet prerequisites, etc)
- Failed a class and must repeat
- Completed class in summer school (Transcript proof required)
- Missing periods or gaps in schedule
Students wishing to request appropriate changes to their schedule must submit an electronic Schedule Change Request form online no later than August 30th.
- Requests are not guaranteed, and they will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Requests for elective changes, “teacher changes” and the swapping of periods are not considered.
- Students who have concerns with a specific teacher should see their assigned assistant principal.
- Counselors cannot accommodate schedule change requests via email, only requests submitted through the Schedule Change Request Form will be considered. Links to the appropriate forms are below, under the “Submit a Schedule Change Request” heading.
Submit a Schedule Change Request
If you would like to submit a schedule change request, please find your counselor below, click their name to expand their contact information and click on the link to their schedule change request form.
FOR 9TH GRADE STUDENTS
For all 9th grade student schedule change requests, please use THIS FORM.
Student must be logged into their Vista Google Email Account. If you get a message that you need permission to access the form, it’s because you are not logged in. Please log in and try again.
To log in, go to a Google search page, and at the top right, there should be a link to Sign In. If the computer you are on has someone else logged in there, click on the icon and choose “SIGN OUT” from the drop down menu. Then you will have the option to sign in again.
Your user name is your 9 digit student id number, followed by @vistausd.org
You should have been provided your password, which you will need to enter into the password field, and then click on Sign In.
Then, go back to the page with the link to the form and access it again.
The below counseling assignments are for grades 10-12 only. 9th grade counseling assignments are still being determined and will be finalized soon.
Mr. Muratalla (Last Names: A - Cro)
Ms. Marina Oliman (Last Names: Cruz - Her)
Ms. Lydia Contreras (Last Names: Hic - Me)
Mr. Felix Santana (Last Names: Mi - Rod)
Ms. Areli Simpson (Last Names: Roj - Z)
Important Dates for Schedule Change Requests
After August 30th students wishing to change an Honors or AP course must pick up and complete a paper Schedule Change form in person from their counselor and return by the first grading period. Changes can be only be made if space permits, and there are no guaranteed changes.
All Honors and AP changes to regular courses must be completed by January 15th.
Regardless of the semester, after the first grading period has ended, any class change will be listed on student transcripts as a Withdrawal with an F as a final grade (W/F).