Dear Parent and IB Student:
For the 2020 IB exams, students register ONLINE. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access. Vista High School is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning registration.
Registration for the International Baccalaureate Exams will begin on Monday, September 30, 2019 at 12:00 AM and end on Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM. In order to register, students should visit www.TotalRegistration.net/IB/053675 to register.
Fee Waiver Cost: $15/exam
To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end. We know that parents may desire to register their student(s) for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered. If you decide to pay by check, instead of credit or debit card, the payment MUST be received by Total Registration by November 1, 2019.
With rising exam fees, it is understandable that some families may have difficulty in paying for exams. Your family may be eligible for a fee waiver. A fee waiver allows a student to pay only $15.00 for each exam. The state has guidelines to determine if a family will qualify. Please review the income guidelines (los requisitos de ingresos) to determine if your household income meets the state guidelines for eligibility.
There is a MULTI-STEP process for registering with a fee waiver.
First, register for the intended exams on Total Registration and indicate “qualified for Federal free/reduced lunch program.”
Second, complete the waiver process described below.
In order for VHS to process your fee waiver, please provide the following:
- A signed Student Eligibility Verification form (formulario de elegibilidad del estudiante) AND
- A copy of your most recent tax return
- a declaration letter (declaración de elegibilidad de ingresos) stating that your household income does not exceed 185 percent of the federal poverty guidelines
- proof of participation in the Free/Reduced Price Meal Program. (Students can use the Student Eligibility Verification form found on this site or pick up a waiver form in counseling/College & Career Center. Students then take either document to the Cafeteria/lunch lines to obtain signature. If students have the Student Eligibility Verification form signed in the Cafeteria, they only need the one form).
Please have your student bring these two items to the Honors Coordinator (B11) before paying for their exams.
Again, the online registration indicating a fee waiver needs to be completed in order for a waiver to be approved. Once the Honors Coordinator approves the waiver, Total Registration will send an email notifying you to complete registration and apply payment.
Finally, Total Registration will send an email when the fee waiver is approved and indicate the total amount due at that time. Once payment has been submitted, a confirmation will be provided and the process is complete.
- Please adhere to the deadline of October 27th, 2018. VHS is obligated to meet IB deadlines, and so we cannot extend the deadline.
- Please understand refunds are not provided if students register in error or change their minds about exams. IB charges Vista High School a fee each time a correction or change is made after the deadline. Although it may be possible to make changes to your registration, it may cost you additional funds.
- Students who do not show to take exams, may be subject to additional fees.
- IB Test dates and further information are available on the VHS Honors website.
- Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. I am happy to help in any way I can.